June 4th, 2008
The Tsurphu Labrang (Karmapa’s office of Administration) joined by all Kagyu Monasteries from India and Nepal offered a welcome dinner reception in the honor of His Holiness at the Radisson Hotel. The large reception included many prominent people:
- Mr. Tempa Tsering, Representative, Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, New Delhi.
- Rev. Lochen Rinpoche, Chairman, Himalayan Buddhist Cultural Association and Spiritual Head of Kaza Monastery.
- Ven. Chomphel Zopa, Member, National Commission of Minorities of Government of India.
- Mr.Tsering Samphel, Member, National Commission for Schedule Tribes, Government of India.
- Ven. Bayul Rinpoche
- Ven. Ayang Tulku Rinpoche
- Mr. Karma Tobden, Former Member of Parliament, Former Indian Ambassador and retired IAS
- Mr. Sherab Tharchin and Mr. Sonam Damdul, Kagyu Member of Parliament, Tibetan Govt. in Exile Dharamsala.
- Mr. Tamdin La and Mr.Topden Tsering,Welfare Officer, Tibetan Samyeling Colony, Majnukatilla, Delhi.
- Mr.Gaden Lhari, President, Denzong Lhadey Tsogpa, Sikkim.
- Representative of Joint Action Committee of all Sikkim Buddhist Organizations.
- Mrs. Tseten Norbu, Manager, Air India.
- Dr. Manoj Kumar, General Secretary, India Tibet Friendship Society, Delhi.
- Col. V.S.Verma, General Secretary, Tibet Study Group. Delhi.
- Mr. D.S. Negi, Retired IAS.
- Representatives of Kagyu Monasteries in India and Nepal: Read more