New Appointment of Staff in Tsurphu Labrang Administration
April 19, 2010
Today at 5.30 AM, 19th April, 2010, H.H. The 17th Gyalwang Karmapa added few more staff members to the Office of His Administration. The appointment was done traditionally by performing special prayers in the presence of His Holiness himself and by giving blessings individually in the form of offering scarfs and protection strings to each recipiant after completing the oath taking ceremony. His Holiness appointed the new members with the following assignments:
1. Garwang: Coordinator (Support Letter & Reincarnation Matters)
2. Karma Tsultrim Tharchin: Asst. Coordinator (Support Letter & Reincarnation Matters)
3. Woser Rabten: Coordinator (Monastery and Dharma Center Matters)
4. Longtok Tenzin: Assistant to Eng. Secretary, and Information & Communications Director
5. Sonam Paljor: Chanting Master, Rumtek; Dharma Chakra Center, Sikkim
The appointment ceremony was witnessed by other office bearers, senior lamas, and His Holiness’s sister, Ngodup Palzom.
Special scented rice and tea were served with the concluding Auspicious Prayers and well wishes for complete success to all in the service of the Lineage and to all beings.
Report by K.M. Tenphel
Photos by Palden Gyatso