Homecoming Welcome at Airport
June 3rd, 2008
In the late hour at night, the New Delhi (Indira Gandhi International Airport) is jostling with many people eagerly waiting with scarf and banners expressing their warmest “home coming” welcome to the Gyalwang Karmapa from his successful historic first visit to America.
His Holiness was received by a large reception at the airport which includes many prominent persons;
- Ven. Chomphel Zopa, Member, National Commission of Minorities of Government of India.
- Mr.Tsering Samphel, Member, National Commission for Schedule Tribes, Government of India.
- Ven. Bante Vishwa Bandhu, Indian Buddhist Leader.
- Mr. Karma Tobden, Former Member of Parliament, Former Indian Ambassador and retired IAS.
- Mr. Sherab Tharchin, Kagyu Member of Parliament, Tibetan Govt. in Exile Dharamsala.
- Mr. Tamdin La and Mr.Topden Tsering,Welfare Officer, Tibetan Samyeling Colony, Majnukatilla, Delhi.
- Mr.Gaden Lhari, President, Denzong Lhadey Tsogpa, Sikkim.
- Representative of Joint Action Committee of all Sikkim Buddhist Organizations.
Later His Holiness retired at Radisson Hotel.
His Holiness Karmapa’s Return to India from America