The Gyalwang Karmapa Celebrates his 23rd Birthday. The celebration began at 8 am in the main shrine hall of Gyuto monastery, His Holiness presided over the puja which was attended by His Eminence Tai Situ Rinpoche, Gyutoe Khen Rinpoche, Drozong Rinpoche and Mr. Sonam Damdul (Member of Parliament) of Tibetan Government in Exile, Mr. Sonam Topgye, Rinpoches, Lamas and international devotees. Read more
As requested by Tsurphu Labrang (Karmapa’s Office of Administration) His Eminence Tai Situ Rinpoche arrived at Gyuto Monastery on June 22nd, 2008. Tai Situ Rinpoche is engaged in teaching and Initiation to His Holiness starting from June 23rd, 2008.Read the rest of this article
June 5th, 2008
At around 3 in the afternoon His Holiness landed at Gaggal airport and walked through array of Serbangs keenly waiting for his arrival. The chairman of the Assembly of Tibetan people’s Deputy Mr. Karma Chomphel offered welcome scarf to His Holiness along with many more;
Ven. Dorzong Rinpoche
Ven. Choegyal Rinpoche
Ven. Taklung Tulku
Tsewang Dakpa General Secretary of Palpung Sherabling Monastery.
General Secretary of Gyuto Monastery.
Decheng Damdul. Representative of Tsurphu Labrang (KOA)
Sherab Ling Monastery and Institute
With heavy rainfall His Holiness was welcomed at the main shrine hall of Gyuto Monastery. Tsurphu Labrang ( Karmapa’s Office of Administration ) and Gyuto Monastery offered traditional Mandala offering to His Holiness and had Tea and Rice ceremony. Read the rest of this article
June 4th, 2008
The Tsurphu Labrang (Karmapa’s office of Administration) joined by all Kagyu Monasteries from India and Nepal offered a welcome dinner reception in the honor of His Holiness at the Radisson Hotel. The large reception included many prominent people:
- Mr. Tempa Tsering, Representative, Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, New Delhi.
- Rev. Lochen Rinpoche, Chairman, Himalayan Buddhist Cultural Association and Spiritual Head of Kaza Monastery.
- Ven. Chomphel Zopa, Member, National Commission of Minorities of Government of India.
- Mr.Tsering Samphel, Member, National Commission for Schedule Tribes, Government of India.
- Ven. Bayul Rinpoche
- Ven. Ayang Tulku Rinpoche
- Mr. Karma Tobden, Former Member of Parliament, Former Indian Ambassador and retired IAS
- Mr. Sherab Tharchin and Mr. Sonam Damdul, Kagyu Member of Parliament, Tibetan Govt. in Exile Dharamsala.
- Mr. Tamdin La and Mr.Topden Tsering,Welfare Officer, Tibetan Samyeling Colony, Majnukatilla, Delhi.
- Mr.Gaden Lhari, President, Denzong Lhadey Tsogpa, Sikkim.
- Representative of Joint Action Committee of all Sikkim Buddhist Organizations.
- Mrs. Tseten Norbu, Manager, Air India.
- Dr. Manoj Kumar, General Secretary, India Tibet Friendship Society, Delhi.
- Col. V.S.Verma, General Secretary, Tibet Study Group. Delhi.
- Mr. D.S. Negi, Retired IAS.
- Representatives of Kagyu Monasteries in India and Nepal: Read more
June 3rd, 2008
In the late hour at night, the New Delhi (Indira Gandhi International Airport) is jostling with many people eagerly waiting with scarf and banners expressing their warmest “home coming” welcome to the Gyalwang Karmapa from his successful historic first visit to America.
His Holiness was received by a large reception at the airport which includes many prominent persons; Read more